Translate and Read

Thursday, May 7, 2009

SHOULDER DISLOCATION AND ACCIDENTS

Posted by Dr Prahallad Panda on 7:48 PM Comments

I received a call for dislocation of shoulder joint from our emergency medical officer at 2.55 AM .I attended immediately.I usually follow the old procedure of reduction of shoulder joint by weight under sedation and it works nicely to be over within max. of 30 minutes .There is no need of short acting general anesthesia and waiting for the anesthetist to arrive .
I reached back to my residence at 3.30 AM and set my PC for updating Ubuntu and PcLinux operating systems.Then went for my walk at 4.30 AM to return at 5.20 AM only to receive another call from my emergency medical officer to attend 10 numbers of accident cases.
There were cases of fracture of thigh bone ,arm bone ,ribs and shoulder blade and one had received trauma to head and others received minor injuries.Those were managed .
Accidents does not always occur accidently. Most of the time they are man made and this was one of the examples.Because we think that this will not happen to us.




Get my updates delivered into your inbox; Privacy Policy :

Click here to Subscribe news feed from "Clinispot; so that you do not miss out anything that can be valuable to you !!

Related Posts with Thumbnails