Translate and Read

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Vaishnav Jana To Tene Kahiye: Gandhi’s Favorite Prayer Song

Posted by Dr Prahallad Panda on 6:05 AM 1 comments

Recently, there has been a get-together of all the doctors of our hospital; where everybody was asked to sing a song. I am not a singer, so also many of us; when my turn came, I choose to sing the famous prayer song of Gandhi, “Vaishnav jana to tene Kahiye...” It has been sung time and again by various artists, but Lata Mangeshkar the living legend of India’s music world had sung it perhaps from her heart; of course, usual for her.


I regard it as the best. I recited a few lines form the song, not so melodiously; but, was appreciated as usual in a friendly gathering. The essence of the song is that, it preaches honesty, truthfulness, good behavior towards others especially to ladies, help others; and the cream is; not to feel proud after all sorts of good deeds. It is also very much soothing and heart touching to listen from the tongue of Lata; the melody queen of India. I urge every friend of mine to listen to the song here.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]


Get my updates delivered into your inbox; Privacy Policy :

Click here to Subscribe news feed from "Clinispot; so that you do not miss out anything that can be valuable to you !!

1 Response so far:

Another Blogger said...

Gandhi is my favorite one ;)

Leave a Reply

Please React.

Related Posts with Thumbnails